I basically took off the entire month of November from reading ARCs and writing formal reviews with a couple of exceptions. I’m super surprised by how many books I could read in one month. It was so much fun reading/listening to book after book with basically no pause. And, reading so many different genres was also a blast. Thought I’d post a quick rundown and the rating I gave each one. Mostly I listened to audiobooks using the Overdrive app with a few ebooks mixed in. Maybe you will find a book or two to add to your TBR.
So, what books did I read?
• The McCabe Trilogy by Maya Banks (Historical Romance) – 4.5/5 STARS! Ignore the cheesy covers because this series was the bomb diggity. Each book in the trilogy is a different McCabe brother’s love story. These guys a hot Scottish alphas! The narrator did an amazing job voicing these books. She was exceptional with the Scottish accent to my American ears. FYI- She also narrated Station Eleven, which is a 2015 favorite book.
• The Distance Between Us by Kasie West – 3.5 STARS A cute and sweet little YA Romance.
• Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins (Mature YA Fantasy) – 5 STARS! Hot damn! I’m kicking myself for not reading this book sooner. I will probably write a series review when I finish the next two books. Top Recommendation!
• Brazen by Maya Banks (Erotica Romance) – 2 STARS This book was a dud and the audio narrator made it even worse. Her voice was robotic, monotone, and lacked emotion.
• Confess by Colleen Hoover (New Adult) – 4.5 STARS! A what an unique concept to turn real-life confessions as the main storyline of the novel.
• Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake (YA Horror) – 3 STARS This was a good read. However, I sorta lost interest towards the end.
• Covet by Tracey Garvis-Graves (Women’s Fiction) – 5 STARS! Such a real and honest look at the struggles of marriage. I loved it!
• Love Slave for Two: Reunions by Tymber Dalton (Menage Erotica Romance) – 3 STARS I have been taking my sweet time reading this series. It’s a M/F/M trio in a loving and committed relationship. It follows their lives together and the challenges they face.
• Out of the Shadows by Tiffany Snow (Romantic Suspense) – 4 STARS! A good ending to a remarkable trilogy. My full review is coming December 15th.
• The Arrangement by Nora Blackstock (Erotica) – 3 STARS This was a series of 5 short novellas. They were fun reads.
• Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (YA Fantasy) – DNF @ 40%. I tried, I really did. Unfortunately, I was bored and not connecting with the characters.
• Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout (YA Sci-Fi Romance) – DNF I think it had been so long since I read the other books in the series that I simply lost interest in the story.
• Red Rising by Pierce Brown (YA Dystopia) – DNF around 25% I wanted to love this one because it is so popular, however, I couldn’t get down with the catalyst of the story. And, then the direction the plot turned I could tell this wasn’t the book for me.